Butternut Squash + Quinoa
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts, halved
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 small orange, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, plus additional for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Toss Brussel sprouts and squash in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place Brussel sprouts on one side of the pan and butternut squash on the other side, or you can use two pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove Brussel sprouts and place into a large bowl. Return squash to the oven; bake for 15-20 more minutes, until tender. Add to the bowl with Brussel sprouts.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, pumpkin seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In the large bowl with the vegetables, add quinoa, dried cranberries, and walnuts. Stir to combine. Pour in the dressing; stir.
- Serve as a side dish or light meal with additional pumpkin seeds on top to taste.